Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The "About Me" section

Have you ever thought about the "About Me" section? Well I did tonight. In fact I spent a great deal more time on it than I really think is necessary.


Now that your back from quickly reading what I wrote let me say this, what is written did not turn out the way that I wanted. I wanted something clever. Profound. Witty. Humorous even. What I ended up with seems kind of bland. Not so clever, profound, witty or even humorous.


So that got me to thinking. Maybe "About Me" writing is someone's niche? Maybe there are people out there that all they do is come up with really awesome "About Me" sections. I would suspect that the "About Me" niche is not mine. I even tried to read other people's sections to see what they wrote. All that did was leave me feeling more stumped about what to write.


My dilema was that I wanted to convey some things about myself just in case someone was browsing blogs, stumbled across mine and wanted to offer me my dream job based on my "About Me" section. Now I agree that the likelihood of that actually happening is a longshot but you never know! It could happen! If nothing else at least I have hope.















Isn't hope a wonderful thing to have?




No comments:

Post a Comment