Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sour Cream Chicken Enchilada Casserole

Today I made a recipe that is not new to me.  I've made it many times before but it's a family favorite so I thought I'd share it with you!

Here's what you need:

last day 035

3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and diced or shredded

14 corn tortillas

1 large can Green chiles, chopped

16 oz sour cream

2 c shredded cheese

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream of chicken soup

I usually make a double batch so I of course double everything.  Use as much chicken as you like and as much cheese as you like. 

Here's how you put it all together:

Combine the sour cream, cream of mushroom, cream of chicken soups with the green chiles in a bowl.  This is your "sauce". 

Place a small amount of sauce in the bottom of your pan.

last day 037

Next add a layer of tortillas completely covering the bottom.  I tear them in half but you can lay them whole or just tear them into pieces. 

last day 038

Next add a layer of sauce, chicken and then cheese.  Repeat layers one more time ending with the cheese layer.

last day 039

Now it's ready to pop in the oven.  Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes or until bubbly. 

last day 041

Serve with rice and beans and you have one tasty meal!  The leftovers are good the next day for lunch. 

3 comments:

  1. It was muy delicioso!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! Stop! You are killing me! I must have it now!

    ReplyDelete