Thursday, January 12, 2012

Creamy Rice, Chicken & Spinach Dinner

Tonight I tried a new recipe from Kraftrecipes.com but I of course tweaked it a bit.  Or maybe exercised my creative license?  Either way you go I didn't follow the recipe as closely as I have others in the past.  It turned out great and here's how you can try my tweaked recipe for yourself.

Here's what you need:

dinner 003

1/4 c Italian dressing

2 pkgs pre-cooked chicken strips, cubed

1/2 c onion

2 c chicken or vegetable broth

2 c instant rice, uncooked

8 oz cream cheese, cubed

1 pkg (8 oz.) baby spinach leaves

1 large tomato, chopped

Grated parmesan cheese

Here's what you do:

Cook onion with a little bit of butter until onions are softened and slightly brown.  Add dressing and chicken and heat through.  Stir in broth; bring to boil.  Add rice; stir.  Return to boil; cover and simmer on medium heat 5 minutes.

Add cream cheese and cook 2-3 minutes or until melted stirring frequently.  Add spinach, pan will be full.  Cook covered, 1 minute or until spinach is wilted.  Stir gently to mix in spinach. 

Remove pan from heat.  Let stand, covered 5 minutes.  Stir in tomatoes; top with Parmesan cheese. 

dinner 005

Turned out pretty good and it made enough so I can have leftovers.  Yummy!

Enjoy <3

**UPDATE** The leftovers were awesome! I love a recipe even more when the leftovers are good as well.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment