Monday, January 2, 2012

Tour of the Tennessee Capitol

Thursday started with a tour of the Capitol of Tennessee.  This one was just a tad better as the docent was full of info and she was willing to share.  However, it was still not a full guided tour and so a lot of it was just looking and not really knowing what we were looking at despite having our handy dandy self-guided walking tour brochure.

blog 007

Here are some pics of the surrounding buildings.

So here's the Capitol

our trip 372 our trip 365

Now the really cool part of this was the hallway you had to go down to get to the building.  I thought this was totally awesome and very movie like.

our trip 374

When I go back and sort the photos that I'm going to include in my blog I notice that I take a lot of pics of the ceiling / light fixtures.  Not sure why but most times I think they are pretty.

Like I said earlier, if I had paid attention I might have remembered what room this is a pic of but I don't.

our trip 379

I found myself in the middle of a press interview and I'll be honest I wasn't prepared but I did my best.

our trip 383

We were able to tour the chamber area.  I'm not entirely sure if we were allowed on the actual floor but no one stopped us.  They looked at us like we probably weren't supposed to be there but hey...try and stop us.

We did go out a door that was cracked open and led to a balcony.  It was not clearly marked that we weren't allowed out there but it had a really great view and we couldn't resist.

our trip 409 

Tour was over...not much to look at to be honest but we enjoyed it just the same.

Of course we had to go back through the tunnel. 

our trip 410

We walked back to our car and headed off to our next adventure.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment