Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Loretta Lynn's Ranch and Cissie Lynn Country Store

We had fun touring the Clement Railroad Hotel and Museum and then we were off again and heading towards home.  We saw the signs for Loretta Lynn's place and of course we had to stop.

We took the exit and followed the signs.

1

The tour consisted of walking and riding around in a van to the various structures around the property.  Our tour guide was awesome and we enjoyed listening to him as he shared all about Loretta Lynn.  I was very disappointed that we were not allowed to take pics but apparently Loretta Lynn is concerned about the quality of the pics and people selling them online.  Well there goes my retirement plans...sheesh.

There was a post office so y'all know that I had to take that photo op.

8

We purchased tickets for the tour. 

2

And here are some pics of things that I could take pics of

Have you met my friend Jack?

11

Here's our tour guide. I sure wish I could remember his name because he was really good.

35

I have so much fun when I'm with my husband.

36

We were starving after finishing the tour so we stopped at Cissie Lynn Country Store to eat.  We thought it was a restaurant but it turns out it's more of a convenience store combination mini lunch counter kind of place.

37

It's owned by Loretta Lynn's daughter Cissie and it was no surprise that they offered a fried bologna sandwich on the menu so that's what I ordered.

While waiting for our meal I chatted with a guy named John for a bit who, if I remember right, used to live in Irving.  He was a friendly guy and chatted with a couple of people that came in and then I saw who I thought was Cissie Lynn come in.  Turns out the guy we'd been chatting with was her husband!  While I didn't get a pic with her I did say hello. A brush with the celebrity world... Well here's a pic of my sandwich.

40

After finishing off our late lunch we got back on the road headed towards home.

And the adventure continues...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment