Saturday, January 7, 2012

Feta-Topped Chicken

Like many of you I have opted to embrace some goals (resolutions...whatever you want to call them) for the New Year.  2011 was a good year and I expect 2012 to be EPIC!  Since epic doesn't happen by accident I've decided one of the things I was going to do was eat a little healthier.  Here's a dish I made for dinner this past week.  Let me tell you, it turned out yummy!

Here's what you need:

feta topped chicken 002

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (not pictured)

2 T balsamic vinaigrette dressing

1 t Italian seasoning

1 tomato cut into 8 slices

1/4 c crumbled feta cheese

Now I substituted lemon pepper seasoning for the Italian seasoning because it's what I had on hand.  I also used a little more feta cheese than the recipe called for because gosh darn it, I love cheese.  And I don't always measure things but use the measurements as a guideline or a suggestion if you will.  Much like the speed limit on the highway...but that's another story.

Here's what you do:

1.  Heat the oven to 350.  The recipe said to brush both sides of the chicken with dressing but with my bottle you could squirt it out so that's what I did.  I figured less mess that way.  Sprinkle both sides with the seasoning and place in baking dish. 

feta topped chicken 001

2.  Bake for about 22 minutes on one side and turn over.  Bake for an additional 17 minutes and then top with tomato and cheese.  Bake for an additional 5 minutes.

feta topped chicken 008

I served it with dinner rolls and a pre-made lettuce and spinach side salad and added cucumbers and carrots.  Super easy and definitely going into my recipe box.

Enjoy <3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment