Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A Saturday in South Dakota

We kicked off Saturday with breakfast at the Millhouse II Restaurant.  It's one of my favorite places to eat at when we are in Rapid City.  Yes, I have favorite places to eat while I am there.  I opted for the French toast with fried ham and it was soooo good.  It's making me hungry thinking about it now.

south dakota trip 169

So on the wall by the door are lots of pics and these caught my eye.

south dakota trip 172

Millstone Babes?  Hmmm...so while I was standing there reading what was written on the pics a man approached me and pointed to the 2nd pic and said, "You see that lady there?  That was my wife.  She passed away a few months ago.  She was my favorite babe."  Awwwww ~ so sweet and sad. ::sniff:: ::sniff::

Well after I had my sad moment we headed out to Keystone so we could buy tickets to the wax President thing.  The awesome guy at the counter let us know about a coupon in one of those travel books that I typically overlook when I'm traveling and it saved us a bunch of money if we bought the tickets before 11am.  Cool beans!

So we were on the road again and backtracking just a bit to go and see the Cosmos Mystery Area.

south dakota trip 184

We turned up the road and headed in the direction of the arrows.

Cosmos was really pretty cool and we had a lot of fun on the tour.  There's also a really great gift shop there full of fun stuff.

Would you like to see my really AMAZED face?  Well here it is...

south dakota trip 217

I think M thought he was Superman

south dakota trip 223

And despite the g-forces or whatever affects the Cosmos Nick was able to do this exercise.  Trust me...I couldn't do it.  The fact that I couldn't even reach the bar is only a partial factor in my inability to do this. 

south dakota trip 222

After being totally amazed and awed we headed back to Keystone to tour The National Presidential Wax Museum.

Some of the wax figures weren't presidential.

Even though the museum does not seem overly large there are A LOT of wax figures to look at.  Like a whole bunch.  Like I got a little bored about half way through.  But I wasn't too bored to take some pictures and here they are.

I love phones

south dakota trip 361 south dakota trip 328

And we were off again to continue our adventure...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment