Friday, January 6, 2012

Quick Stop In Hot Springs

Back on the road again we made a little side stop at Hot Springs.  It was a hot day and I was ready to get back to the Casa but it seemed silly to be so close to it and not stop. So stop we did.

our trip 694

One of the first things we noticed was people carrying empty jugs to these things that looked like water fountains.  As it turns out you are able to take fresh HOT spring water and that's what these folks were getting.

our trip 692

our trip 693

We had never been to Hot Springs and like I said it was a really hot day but we made our way to Bath House Row and was thinking that we might get a massage or something while we were there.  We actually couldn't find a place with any openings so we just walked down the street sightseeing.

We stopped at the Visitor Center to tour inside.  Here are some of the pics:

our trip 704

I love this bottle.  It is a very pretty Cobalt Blue.

our trip 771

Warnings, such as this one, never fail to crack me up.

our trip 773

Prepare to be amazed.  Here's a photo of an actual hot spring.

our trip 775 our trip 774

Do you ever take the time to read the directions on things?  Well I do and when you take the time to read like I do you'll find out that the hand dryer also doubles as a hair dryer.  How handy is that?

our trip 779

We stopped by and took a pic of M in front of the Post Office. Yea for photo ops!!

our trip 789

We were hungry so we walked down the street just a bit and found The Porterhouse.

our trip 790

The place was empty so we had the pleasure of the undivided attention of the server which was nice.  I'm so bad about getting names and pics but he wants to be a professional singer.  It's so cool all the interesting people that we get to meet on our trips.

Love it that there are step by step instructions for washing your hands as found in the ladies restroom. 

our trip 798

I did see a couple of bathrooms...I'm just fascinated by bathrooms.

our trip 787 our trip 720

So I couldn't leave without taking some of the free water with us.  The only type of container we had was a bottle of water.  I couldn't "mix" the waters so I quickly gulped down what was left ::chug:: ::chug:: ::chug:: and gave it to M to go and get the water.  Now if you read the earlier part about folks getting water from the fountains and you remembered the name of the city we were in then you'll know the temperature of the water that he went and got.  In that plastic water bottle.  With no potholder (like why would I have a potholder randomly in the car while on vacation). 

So yeah, the Park Ranger that was there looks at M and says, you're going to get water in that?  M: Yes sir. Park Ranger: You do know the water is hot, don't ya?  M tests the temp of the water and agrees that it is indeed hot.  Park Ranger: That's why they call it HOT springs.  hahahaha!!! 

Well I had to let the water cool down and then I tested it and guess what?  It tasted just like water.  I absolutely felt rejuvenated and refreshed from drinking it. ;)

We were nearly home but saw two more noteworthy things before it was all over.

Yea for Post Offices!!

our trip 804

And LOOK!! It's Air Force One!!

our trip 807

Super fun trip and considering we spent a total of 10 days together 24/7 and didn't get into any disagreements or quarrels I think we did pretty darn good.  I am so thankful that M makes my life so awesome. <3 live <3 laugh <3 love <3

 

No comments:

Post a Comment