Monday, April 26, 2010

Bean Sandwiches

Have you ever even heard of bean sandwiches? 

This is NOT going to be your typical recipe from me.  I'm going old school on this one.  :)  I like to think of bean sandwiches as a cross between my Mexican and American heritages. 

Here's what you need:

002

As you'll notice I have refried beans in a pan.  I mash my beans with a potato masher.  Something my Mom taught me.

003

You also need bread.  My choice is wheat.  It's healthier, right?

Here's how you do it:

Put the refried beans on the bread.  Simple.

Now for as long as I can remember my Mom has made us bean sandwiches and I love them. 

I love them for breakfast, lunch or dinner.  They are delicious any time. 

006

I like to fold mine in half like this.  Yummy for the tummy!

High 5 for bean sandwiches!!

3 comments:

  1. you are going to be soooooo gassy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love bean sandwiches too!!!!!!!!!!!! Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you use normal baked beans?
    If so, this looks ridiculously easy. I might just try it tonight. Thanks for sharing.
    Juz

    ReplyDelete