Sunday, September 13, 2009

French Onion Pork Chop Skillet 09.13.09

It was such a great lazy, rainy day Sunday.  I always enjoy spending quiet afternoons with my husband!  I did need to get up off of my butt and go running.  I hadn't run in nearly a week and the rain sprinkling down on me was not going to stop me.  I completed my whole workout and came home motivated to cook us something delicious for supper.

Tonight I decided to make "French Onion Pork Chop Skillet".  It's another recipe from Kraft and it turned out wonderful. 

Here's what you need:

french onion pork chop skillet 002

6 boneless pork chops

2 onions thinly sliced

2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce

1 pkg Stove Top stuffing

1 c shredded mozarella cheese

Now here's what you do:

1.  Heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on a medium high heat.  Add chops and onions; cook 10 minutes or until done, turning chops and stirring onions after 5 minutes.  Remove chops.  Cook and stir onions 5 minutes more or until golden brown.

2.  Stir in Worcestershire sauce.  Return chops to skillet, top with onion mixture.

3.  Mix stuffing mix and 1 1/2 c hot water; spoon around edge of skillet.  Top with cheese; cover.  Cook 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.

french onion pork chop skillet 013

It was pretty easy to make and it turned out great! 

Another great week is coming up and I think I'm going to try a couple more recipes.  One of them is a chicken dish in the crock pot.  Mmmm - yummy and easy!

I've begun planning the trip to see our Airman in South Dakota in October.  Should be a lot of fun and a bit of a change of pace from the Texas heat.  I can't wait to see all the fun things up there!

Of course there's Mt. Rushmore and the giant sculpture of Chief Crazy Horse.  But there's also the crazy stuff like Flintstones Bedrock City, Wall Drug, and Corn Palace just to name a few.  Not sure what we'll have time to see but hopefully we'll squeeze in as much as we can.   

~~ Enjoy! ~~

Technorati Tags: ,,

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds yummie.
    I hope you're flushing it down with a Chardonnay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are you going to make some of this stuff for us? =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You tell me when you'd like to come over and I'll make whatever you want. :) Kiss Miss HP for us!

    ReplyDelete