Monday, September 7, 2009

The Great Garage Cleanup!

I mean seriously, who doesn't love cleaning out their garage?  Or maybe it would be a better question to say who doesn't love a clean garage? 

I have to admit that I relish the sense of accomplishment that comes along with completing the task.  The feeling that I conquered the chaos. 

We decided to tackle the garage today.  Not the whole thing of course as we didn't want to overwhelm ourselves.  We did want to get a portion cleaned out since we hadn't actually attempted any type of cleaning since the remodel last year.  We mostly just pushed the excess out into the garage and shut the door.  Now it was time to open the door and assess the situation.

garage cleanup blog 002

AAACCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

I debated on whether or not to post a picture of the area we cleaned because it's downright embarrassing.  But now that I have I'm feeling a certain sense of relief.  Kind of like a weight off my shoulders.  I think a lot of us have places in our houses that are a little....shall we say....unkept?  Mine happens to reside primarily in my garage. 

M and I got out there around 9 in the morning on Labor Day and started laboring.  We pulled stuff out, we dusted stuff off, we swept things out....we just got busy.

It was hot out there and we sweated.  A few things we hauled to the curb to "give away".  One man's junk is another man's treasure, right?  For nearly 3 hours we worked and in the end we were very satisfied with our results.

garage cleanup blog 023

AAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Much better don't you think?

Now this small area is not all that we cleaned in the three hours we were out there but this is one of the places where you can see the most impact. 

So part one of "The Great Garage Cleanup" is complete.  I'm sure that you are all looking forward to seeing the future results of our efforts.  I'll continue my postings as we make progress.  It's kind of therapeutic. 

~~ Enjoy!! ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment