Sunday, April 4, 2010

Quick Italian Soup

We recently enjoyed a new recipe at our house and I thought I'd share it with y'all because it was quick, easy and delicious.  I found this recipe on the Betty Crocker website.

Here's what you need:

1 lb. lean ground beef

1 medium onion

1 box Hamburger Helper lasagna

5 c hot water

1 can whole tomatoes, undrained

1 bag frozen corn

1 bag frozen green beans

2 tbsp grated parmesan

3 small zucchini's chopped

quick italian soup blog 028

If you clicked on the Betty Crocker link you'll notice as always, I've taken a little liberty with the recipe.  I like zucchini so I used more and I added more corn and green beans.  You get the idea though and of course you can always adapt it to your tastes.

Here's how you put it all together:

1.  In a 4-quart Dutch oven cook beef and onion until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain. 

2.  Stir in hot water, contents from sauce pouch (from Hamburger Helper box), tomatoes (break them up a bit), corn, zucchini (I like mine softer so I add it earlier), green beans and cheese.  Heat to boiling; stirring constantly.

3.  Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes; stirring occasionally.

4.  Stir in contents of uncooked pasta pouch (from Hamburger Helper box).  Cover and cook 10 minutes longer.  Sprinkle each serving with additional grated parmesan cheese.

quick italian soup blog 033

Trust me, this recipe is super easy and is delicious.  Leftovers are great heated up the next day. 

Try it ~ you'll like it!  Enjoy!

1 comment: