Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Reverse Surprise...

Now it was time to turn the tables on ~N~.  We chose what we call "The Reverse Surprise" to happen on Saturday April 25th.  The plan was to have lunch with ~N~ in Wichita Falls and bring along my Mom and Dad as a surprise.  Here's how it happened...

I had talked with ~N~ earlier that week and we agreed I would drive up and have lunch with him and then I would return home and he would stay on base.  ~N~ really likes tamales and my Mom's fudge so I planned to bring those along with me and surprise him.

Since my Mom and Dad were coming along I borrowed ~M~'s car since it was roomier.  I picked up the tamales from my favorite store, picked up Mom and Dad with her fudge in tow and off we went to Sheppard AFB. 

We arrived without any trouble and I dropped my folks off at the corner near the bus stop.  We had a plan in mind and I hoped it would work and ~N~ would be surprised. 

~N~ called and said he was nearing the gate and I signaled Mom and Dad and the surprise was underway.  I pulled around and picked up ~N~.  After the usual greeting I told him I had a surprise.  I motioned toward the small cooler I had brought along and told ~N~ that it contained tamales and hot sauce.  He was excited.  I told them that unfortunately I wasn't able to get any fudge from Gramma since she didn't have time to make any.  He said that it was okay and he was excited about the tamales.

As we were talking we were nearing the corner and I said, "Hey!  Those two people are selling fudge!" and pointed to my parents who were standing on the corner with my Mom holding a sign that said, "FUDGE 4 SALE".

blog 001 

So just imagine my Mom holding this sign standing next to my Dad while ~N~ was being surprised!  Fun family times!

And so "The Reverse Surprise" was considered a success. 

4 comments:

  1. Love you more girlie! Thanks for reading ~ I'll have to catch up on yours soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Justin I am sure my mom would be happy to make you some and we'll mail it to you! Unless you happen to be in the area....

    ReplyDelete