Sunday, December 27, 2009

ICE! at the Gaylord Texan 12.22.09

Our adventure to see ICE! at the Gaylord Texan actually began two days earlier.  We had never been to ICE! before so we didn't realize how many people actually also wanted to go.  We tried to purchase tickets at 5pm and found out they were selling tickets for the 8:30 show!  We weren't going to wait that long.

We did manage to take a couple pics before we left.

just pics 037 just pics 036

We headed back the next day minus Marvin who was working and again found out that the current shows were sold out!  aaarrrggghhhh!!  We ended up going to Holiday in the Park at Six Flags but stopped by a kiosk to buy our tickets for the next day to be sure and be able to get in.

Finally at the entrance of ICE!

just pics 127

This icy attraction is part of the Gaylord Texan's annual Lone Star Christmas celebration.  This year ICE! features the story of The Grinch by recreating scenes from the book in ice.  These intricately carved, larger-than-life, interactive ice sculptures are set in a walk-through world of ice.  You can click here to learn more about how ICE! is made. 

We took lots of pics while we were there.  I'd like to say it was only because everything was soooo awesome but one of the reasons was because we were so freaking cold (it was 9 degrees in there) and it helped us to stay warm.

just pics 130 just pics 131 just pics 133 just pics 136 just pics 137 just pics 138 just pics 140

just pics 141 just pics 146

Now here's a picture of me.  I posed this way because everyone else with me was posing this way.  I guess I'm a follower. 

just pics 148

just pics 155

just pics 156

The following picture is for my mom.  It's kind of an inside family joke about stealing...er....uh....I mean "taking" a green apple. 

just pics 158

More pics.....

just pics 161

just pics 167

just pics 168

The Nativity Scene was pretty cool too. 

just pics 162

just pics 165

Finally our fun was coming to an end.  A few more pics before we left.

just pics 172

just pics 173

just pics 174

And thanks to my kiddos for enduring random pictures for my amusement. 

just pics 176

just pics 177

just pics 178

just pics 180

Anna and I having some fun.

just pics 150

On the way out we noticed the phones at the Gaylord.  As many of you know I have a "thing" about phones. 

just pics 186

Here's me making a call.....

just pics 188

Technorati Tags: ,,

2 comments:

  1. I have heard about ICE, but have not been.
    Very cool--bad pun--photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) It was VERY cool! My sister goes every year and this was our first time to experience it and it was fun!

    ReplyDelete