Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Mom

In reflecting on Mother's Day I want to tell you a little bit about my Mom.

She was born in December '45 to Bernard Nicholas Walsh and Dorothy Koehler Walsh. 

She is the youngest of 5 with 4 older brothers, Skippy, Kenny, Jerry and Jimmy.  I just now realized that all of their nicknames end in "y".  Weird that I never noticed it before now.  :::  My Mom has let me know what my uncle's real names are.  I already knew this but I'll update this blog anyway so that y'all will know as well.  :)  Skippy's name was Bernard Jr., Kenny's name was Kenneth, Jimmy's name was James and Jerry's name was Jerome.   :::

She was raised by my Gramma because my Grampa had passed away when she was 14. 

Mom likes to find money.  This "hobby" began in 1984.  She goes walking a lot and finds money everywhere.  To date she's found about $1318 and some change.  Not bad for just picking up a few coins here and there.

One of the things that I like best about my Mom is the fact that she can talk to anyone.  It's like she's never met a stranger.  I also love that she laughs easily and gets excited about things.  Fortunately for me those two particular traits were passed down to me.  I always love meeting people and I love to laugh!

Mom's favorite show is either Walker, Texas Ranger (although she regularly messes up the name) or Hannah Montana.  A friend at work got me an autographed picture from the Hannah Montana cast and she liked it a lot.  My Mom even went to see Hannah Montana: The Movie by herself.  Yes, she's a fan.

My Mom is super awesome at remembering people's birthdays and anniversaries.  She's always sending out cards in envelopes decorated with lots of stickers.  She makes people smile with her thoughtfulness. 

So that's just a little bit about my wonderful Mom.  She's a blessing to anyone she meets and has always been the best Mom any child could ask for.  Happy Mother's Day Mom from your oldest daughter who loves you very much. 

IMG_4620 - Copy

3 comments:

  1. ohh this is so cute! I love grandma and i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, how sweet Lisa. That's a great post! Really nice to hear that you're mom is so young at heart and just loves life! Bless her! Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kat and Cindy ~ I (and my entire family) is blessed to have her in our lives. And we try not to ever take that blessing for granted. ♥ Love you Mom!

    ReplyDelete