Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tennessee Trip - Monday cont.

1

We made it to Little Rock, Arkansas where we toured the Capitol.  We were looking for a place to park and so M drove up to the guard gate and said, "We're here to see the Governor".  The guard laughed with us (or was it at us?) but didn't let us pass.  Just directed us to the best place to park.

  2

Now being a veteran of Capitol tours...well okay, I've been on two previously but still I was not prepared for the underwhelming feeling that overcame us both as we asked about the tour.  We were actually encouraged to take the self-guided tour, which we did although we did tag on to a passing tour for a bit.  There was one guy asking some deep political questions that the docent was obviously not prepared to answer so we bailed and just continued on our own. 

Lisa is in da HOUSE! haha!

3

As you can see above that's my "trying to look cute" pose.  I have all kinds of poses.  :)

4

They asked M to give an impromptu speech about the effects of the animal hair (specifically cat hair) on the home environment.  Many questions were thrown at him by the media but he took them all in stride.

5

 

Anyone know who this guy is? 

6

There was a post office there so of course I took a pic...or two.

8 17

And I had the opportunity to visit the bathroom while we were there.

We had a fun time exploring and we can now say that we've visited the Arkansas State Capitol.

And here's my obligatory view of the dome.  I take lots of pics like this.

21

To be cont...

No comments:

Post a Comment