Sunday, August 28, 2011

Our Tennessee Trip - Sunday & Monday

Our next stop on Sunday 6.12.11 was in lovely Hope, Arkansas which is also the birthplace of our 42nd President of the United States, Bill Clinton

tennessee trip 161

Now Clinton items are not the only thing you'll find in Hope.  The town was actually famous before Clinton for its record breaking watermelons.

2

The town's visitor center and museum is a great combination of Clinton, railroad artifacts and watermelon memorabilia. 

tennessee trip 115

One of the signs that I saw in there was this one ~

tennessee trip 121

Which therefore reminded me of this one from an awesome bathroom in Van Horn TX inside the Sands Motel & Restaurant ~

van horn bathroom sign

We saw some cool stuff while we were there.

My Dad was a phone man so I always love taking pics of phones.

tennessee trip 155 tennessee trip 153

One thing that always makes me sad is seeing how people were sometimes treated.

tennessee trip 143 tennessee trip 142

I'm in the finance industry and I can't imagine using this

tennessee trip 151

And M is a mailman so of course I had to take a pic of this

tennessee trip 150

And perhaps this should be enforced in public places everywhere

tennessee trip 156

Back on the road again and we saw another water tower

tennessee trip 164

More fun times ahead!

1 comment: