Thursday, August 4, 2011

Scarborough Faire 2011

1

We really like going to Scarborough Renaissance Festival  every year and the festival runs for 8 consecutive weekends during April and May.  The reason we like it so much is because there is a wide variety of types of people and things you can see.

You can taste "authentic" renaissance period food.

scarby 012

2

You can also enjoy the Turtle Races.  This year Jarrett (stage name Jerry) was called up onto the stage to assist.

6

5

There was one well endowed woman there that we felt could have used a little more support...just saying.

8

There are some really fabulous masks for sale.

We saw one girl that preferred the "natural" look.

scarby 111

Don't see it?  Here's a closer look...

scarby 111 - Copy

There's one booth that had some cool stuff in it but no pics were allowed so y'all won't get to see that.  Moving right along.

There were tons of folks there that were blessed with an extremely high level of self-confidence.

scarby 155 scarby 079 scarby 104

I guess I was just amazed that they would wear some of the things that they did.  Maybe a bit jealous too.

There are some really cool arts and crafts to enjoy and fun stuff to do while you are there.

I love looking at these unique items and love taking pics of them.

scarby 032

scarby 044

This one reminds me of our trip to Lincoln City because Cece had shared with us that at a certain time of the year they release all of these glass balls and people collect them.  They are really very pretty!

scarby 134

Whenever I see money on the ground I think of my mom.

scarby 063

Here's a pretty cool water fountain.

scarby 050

Have you heard of planking?  Well here are some fairies planking.

scarby 051

All in all it was another fun trip.  As we were heading to the exit I see this character.

scarby 146 - Copy

I said, "Oh wait!  I need a group pic of this!!"  And so he obliged.  As you view the pic keep in mind that it was a relatively hot day that day and he was a...shall we say...larger guy and he was sweating.  I thought he was just going to stand there with his mallet but noooo....he put that sweaty armpit right around my girlies.  Anna (who isn't even closest to the guy) cannot hide her feelings.  This seriously was one of the funniest moments of the whole day.

scarby 147

On the way out we passed this lady playing a hammered dulcimer.  It was pretty cool!

scarby 159

This statue is out in front of the entrance.

scarby 166

I'm dying to hear the story behind how this happened.

scarby 167 

Must have been a really great party.

1 comment:

  1. I am a new follower as well as an Army Wife..
    I love the blog.. Would love a follow back

    Simply Sami
    simplysami.com/Blog

    ReplyDelete