Saturday, August 27, 2011

Our Tennessee Trip

We headed out early on Sunday 6.12.11...

1

We were looking for a place to stop for breakfast/brunch and so of course I googled it and one of the places we were closest to was The Links

Now I'm not sure why it didn't dawn on me but it turns out this place was on a golf course.  I swear the whole time I was thinking of sausage links.  I guess I was hungry.  So we finally made it there after what seemed like forever off of the beaten path and had our brunch at the country club. I can't seem to find the pic of our breakfast which is really odd as you know I am all about food but here's a pic of us.

2

On the way back to civilization we passed some interesting stuff.

A donkey or possibly a mule.  I don't know how to tell the difference. 

3

Terror Trails

As well as some cows standing in water

7

We saw a Post Office on the way back in Yantis, TX so of course we had to stop to take a pic.

8

I also like seeing different water towers and was pleased to spot a few on the way. 

Those of you that know me know that I'm a HUGE fan of RoadsideAmerica.com as they have a ton of offbeat and quirky places to visit.  On their website I found that at the border between Texas and Arkansas runs State Line Avenue in Texarkana.  They city's Federal Building/Courthouse/Post Office was built in the middle of this street and is supposedly the only building in the US that straddles a state line.

17

They built a photo op complete with a hitching post that proclaims, "You are here" and includes the longitude and latitude.

12

13

I think it was worth stopping for because of the photo op and the fact that it was a Post Office but there's not much else around to look at.  Just saying.

Directions:  I-30 exit 223, then south three miles on State Line Ave.  On the south side of the Post Office.

All in all this was a great start to our Tennessee Trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment