Friday, December 31, 2010

Landed in Washington

We landed at the Tri-Cities Airport and the fun of surprising the girlies was underway.  Since the girlies were meeting me at the airport, ~M~ and I had a little bit of time to plan.  What we didn't plan on was the airline losing our luggage.  So we decided that I would stay with the rest of our luggage and ~M~ would go and hide in the rental van. 

The girlies arrive and we are standing at the ticket counter waiting to make a claim for the lost luggage.  I asked girlies to come with me to unload what luggage I did have so we didn't have to lug it around. 

Anna was the only one that wanted to go with me so we started walking towards the rental car area.  I went out the front entrance door instead and Anna said, "Mama, the cars are down there" as she pointed to the door at the far end of the airport.  I just "that's okay" and kept walking.  Then right outside the door I see our rental van and I started walking towards it and I told Anna that we could just use that one.  You would have thought I had started doing cartwheels down the tarmac or something.  She was saying, "Mama - you can't do that! You don't know who's car that is!"  Finally as I opened the back of the van she asked who had parked it there.  ~M~ pops up from the backseat and said, "I did!!"  hahahahaha!!!  Booo-yaaaa!!!  We surprised the rest of the girlies by ~M~ just walking up behind them after Anna and I returned to the ticket counter.

We had to stop by a mechanics place to get the girlies car looked at.  ~M~ called around and we decided to use Meyers Auto Tech and we're really glad we did.  They were so nice and professional and their shop was really neat and clean.  Plus they had these really cool sculptures all around...there's a pictorial blog coming up next. 

Then it was time to eat.  We went to Shang Hai (or possibly Shang Hi....not sure of the spelling) and on the way we passed this cool sign.

15

Once we arrived Anna was amazed at the giant spoon.

16

Here's my dinner....mmmm...yummy!

19

It's picture time!

18

17

Still amazed by the spoon...

IMG_2030

20

A fun time was had by all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment