Sunday, December 12, 2010

Longhorn weekend coming to an end....

It had been a really fun weekend and now we were almost home.  We were starving and didn't feel like cooking so I asked M what he would like.  He was craving a juicy burger and I suggested Keller's Hamburgers.  He agreed and we headed to the Northwest Highway location. 

1

We perused the menu....

2

3

4

...and I was delighted to see that they were highlighting what looked like a fantastic deal.  I mean who could go wrong with choosing this number?

5

This sign could be an indicator of what kind of place this is. 

6

I really needed to use the restroom so I hopped out of the car and headed to the ladies room.  I was not deterred by the fact that there was a small group of guys that looked like biker dudes.  Well at least not initially.  I have visited a lot of restrooms but this was in a league of it's own.  I had considered doing a separate bathroom review but I couldn't quite bring myself to stay in there beyond the few pictures I took.  I was concerned about dying of internal toxins since I really had to go but again that fear was outweighed by the fear of what I could catch if I stayed in there. 

As you'll notice in these first two pics the lighting was lacking.  In this first picture the sink area looks clean all things considered. 

7

In this next picture notice the complete lack of a light source in the restroom area.  I ventured that way but it was too much for even me. 

8

Here's the door as viewed from the inside.

9

It appears there had been several locks that had been removed over time.  The bottom one (closest to the red X) was actually a hole that if you peeped through you could see right outside.  Or possibly you could see right in.  Depends on which side of the door you are on.  In looking back at this pic I wish I had taken more shots of the graffiti but seriously...I could feel an illness coming on the longer I stayed in there.  I quickly left and felt even more uncomfortable passing by the group of guys that were seated right next to the door. 

I got back to the car and a short time later our food arrived.

10

I chose the regular hamburger and it was tasty, greasy and cheap which is an awesome combination in my book. 

11

As you can see they come on a poppy seed bun.  I found out later that I could have gone with the plain bun but I thought the poppy seed bun was good. 

All in all it was a delicious meal and I would recommend you try it if you haven't before.  I would also recommend using the restroom at home before you go.  Just saying. 

2 comments:

  1. Here's my comment.
    What bowl game?

    Gotta love a woman that appreciates a cheap, greasy burger!

    MLA

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHAT BOWL GAME??? And M does love me and not just because I appreciate a cheap, greasy burger...bwaahaa!!!

    ReplyDelete