Monday, November 29, 2010

Round Rock Doughnuts

On our way home from our fun and fabulous weekend trip we decided to stop in Round Rock (based on a recommendation from my cousin's husband Chris) to try out Round Rock Doughnuts

1

2

There can be quite a line as these doughnuts are famously yummy.

3

4

We finally made it inside.

5

The selection was not extremely large but it was enough for me.  One thing they are famous for are their Texas-sized doughnuts.

7

They also sell some really delicious cookies.

8

We both had kolache's and doughnuts.  M had a chocolate and I had a regular glazed.

6

9

I didn't take a pic of the inside of the doughnut which seems silly since that's one of the things I had learned about the bakery.  From the website:  The yeast-risen doughnut originates from a bread-like dough; its distinct yellow color (from fresh eggs) immediately sets it off from any other doughnut. Unlike baking powder doughnuts, this yeast doughnut cannot be machine-made; it must be hand-rolled, cut, fried and iced. On busy days, now as in the past, the bakery turns out 200 dozen of these popular originals.  I don't know about all that but I'll believe just about anything.

So the kolache's and the doughnuts were quite yummy and although not quite as unique as my trip to Voodoo Doughnuts it is worth a stop. 

We had parked nearby and on our way back to our car we saw a realty office with some vintage gas pumps out front.  We stopped so I could snap a few pics.

Check out this groovy phone!  I love phones!!

12

And I love this vintage coke machine.

13

And of course here are the old gas pumps that peaked our interest in the first place.

14

15

16

17

And those of you that know me (or have read my blog) you know I love a water tower pic!

18

So have you ever stopped in at Round Rock Doughnuts?  What did you think?

1 comment:

  1. eons ago (1996-1999) I worked at Dell. I used to live on those things! They don't have the creamy fluffiness of a Krispy Kreme; but, they are the best tasting doughnuts I've ever had.

    ReplyDelete