Friday, June 25, 2010

Voodoo Doughnuts

On the recommendation of my highschool classmate Tracey Singleton, we decided to make a pit stop in Portland Oregon and visit Voodoo Doughnut.  This cute little shop has been featured and seen on television and numerous other publications and blogs.

But before we could get there we had to figure out the parking meter.

1 2.1

I guess this water fountain is just in case 4 people get thirsty at once?

2

Aaah ~ the famous Voodoo Doughnut - where the magic is in the hole.

3

Once inside we found it artfully decorated.

4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Now to make a selection...

14 13

  15 16 17 18

M chose a Portland Creme, the official doughnut of Portland, while I opted for the signature Voodoo Doughnut.  My doughnut looked like a gingerbread man complete with a pretzel to poke him with to make the red filling ooze out.

20 21

It was definitely a cool travel experience and one I'd recommend as a fun stop on any road trip.

3 comments:

  1. Yea, Lisa! I love the Voodoo donut! I got my MoJo back as a result of eating one of those. ha!

    Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have wanted to go there since...
    FOREVER!

    Looks and sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was really pretty cool. They had some rather "unmentionable" doughnuts there as well. I've heard there's a doughnut place in Round Rock that I need to go see. I enjoy seeing "touristy" kinds of things so it was right up my alley. Plus they have something to eat there so it made it twice as nice.

    ReplyDelete