Monday, June 14, 2010

San Antonio Trip - Day 2

Friday 5.28.10

We woke up the next morning feeling refreshed and ready for our great weekend to get started.  One thing I like about Choice Hotels is the fact that they offer a free breakfast.  Here is what I had:

1

I was only slightly concerned about the patty shaped egg.  It just seemed odd but I guess McDonald's has a round egg on their breakfast sandwiches. 

So after breakfast we packed up and hit the road.

2

Got into San Antonio around 1:30 pm and checked into the O'Brien Hotel Historic Boutique which is a fabulous little hotel. 

3

4.1

The hotel has 39 rooms and ours was beautifully decorated.  It's really conveniently located just a few blocks from the Riverwalk and it wasn't too far from Market Square where our favorite restaurant Mi Tierra is located.  There was even a little basket of goodies in the bathroom in case you forgot to bring something.  

4.2

M didn't know but I was having chocolate covered strawberries from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory delivered to the hotel.  The girl that answered the phone was so helpful!  She helped me work out all the details. 

5

mmmm...don't they look yummy?!!

After we settled in and unpacked our clothes we headed to Market Square to eat at our favorite restaurant, Mi Tierra.  I enjoyed another margarita (or two) with dinner.

6.1 6 7 8 9

After dinner we decided to try the flan.  M had never had it before and when he asked the waiter what it tasted like the waiter responded, "Flan".  Alrighty then. 

One of the things we enjoy about Mi Tierra is the mariachi's that stroll about.  Our favorite duo was working that afternoon and they obliged when I requested my two favorite songs. 

Isn't that fun?  I know I am not the best "videographer" in the world but you get the idea.

After all the fun we headed back to the hotel for a relaxing couples massage.  We didn't leave again until the morning.  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment