Saturday, June 19, 2010

Washington Trip - On The Way Up

06.04.10

We started off our day by getting up very, very early.  I mean early.  As in 2:30a.m. which is super early for me.  We left our house about 3:30a.m. to catch our 6:00a.m. flight.  Once inside we stopped at Burger King and had a delicious breakfast.

wa trip part1 001

Our flight was on time.  As I sat in my seat I noticed this above my head.

wa trip part1 002

The thing I noticed was instead of having the "NO SMOKING" alert it has the "TURN OFF ELECTRONIC DEVICES" alert which tells me this is a newer plane, right?  I hadn't noticed this newer sign before.

M didn't know that I was taking pics.  :::giggle:::  :::giggle:::

wa trip part1 012

We landed in SLC and as I got off the plane I HIGH 5'd the pilot!  Changing lives folks - one HIGH 5 at a time.  I saw a mailbox and of course I couldn't resist.

wa trip part1 016

Since we had a layover I went to look out the window to see the view and I saw this - lovely mountains in the distance. 

wa trip part1 029

As I turned around I was disturbed because I also saw this.

wa trip part1 027

Really?  I mean, really??

M was on the moving sidewalk and was giving my Mom a HIGH 5 as she passed by.

wa trip part1 023

Before we knew it, it was time to board and head to Pasco. 

wa trip part1 030

We landed safe and sound at the Pasco Tri-Cities airport and I again HIGH 5'd the pilot.  It's the least I could do! 

As we headed toward our rental van I passed a mailbox....

wa trip part1 032

I need to get M more involved in these pics since he's the reason I take them anyway!  :)

We all went out to eat at Olive Garden where Anna presented my Mom with her Senior to Senior book that made my Mom cry happy tears.  The Senior to Senior project is where high school seniors interview senior citizens and ask them questions about their lives.  It's pretty cool.

wa trip part1 108

We took everyone back to my son's house but I stayed up to wait for Gina.  She was arriving on the 10:30p.m. flight which is 12:30a.m. Dallas time.  If you do the math you'll realize I've been up at this point nearly 23 hours. 

She arrived on time and we retrieved her bag from the luggage carousel and headed back to the house.  It was late and I was tired so we went right to bed.  ....zzzzz......

2 comments: