Tuesday, June 15, 2010

San Antonio Trip - Day 4

Sunday 05.30.10

We started off the day by heading to eat at The Guenther House in the historic King Williams District of San Antonio.  All the houses in that area are just gorgeous.  I'd love to walk inside some time and see how they are all decorated. 

On the way we passed a phone booth.  You know how I love phone booths so I couldn't pass up taking a picture.

1

We finally made it to The Guenther House and found out there was a nearly 2 hour wait.  We didn't feel like waiting that long so we took a few pictures and headed back in the direction of our hotel.  We'll have to plan it better next time so we can try what The Guenther House has to offer.  We had passed a place along that way and thought it might be good.

2

Ahhhh ~ here it is.  The place I was talking about.  We came across Tito's again and stopped to eat. 

3 4

It's one of those great places you just happen to come across and turns out to be really delicious!

As we continued on we passed by an attorney's office with this really awesome sign. 

5

Another attorney had this on display in the window.  I'm still not sure why?

6

Here are two more signs.  Can you spot the FAIL? ;)

8. 8

While in San Antonio we noticed a lot of Vespas.  And I mean a lot.  It turns out that there was a Vespa convention that same weekend in San Antonio.  I was just thinking that it was random that San Antonio had so many Vespa lovers.

9

We ambled over to La Villita and came across this shop.  A nod to Napoleon Dynamite perhaps?

10

We also found this lovely...umm...er...figurine?  Still not quite sure exactly what to make of it.  Great conversation piece for your next party.

11 11.1

Here's a statue of San Antonio for whom the city and river are named.

12

We had a lot of fun!

13

I did manage to sneak in a HIGH 5 while I was there.

14 15

Later we headed to Rosario's for dinner.  It was really, really good and looked like a totally fun place to hang out at. 

16

We enjoyed chips & salsa and I had soup, homemade tortillas and of course margaritas!

Look at that salsa!  It had a nice roasted flavor.

18

And my soup was so yummy! 

19

It's hard for me to resist homemade tortillas.  And now that I'm looking at this picture I'm wondering if there is an "image" imbedded in my tortilla?

20

The margaritas were great as well.  I prefer mine on the rocks with no salt.

21

And here I am enjoying another one.  What?  I said they were good! ;) 

22

After our delicious dinner we strolled over to Market Square again.  We listened to some live music and then headed back to the hotel.  On the way I did snap a couple more pictures.

23

24

25

Another fun filled day ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment