Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Randomness of Erica

There are some things that I know that I'm surprised that Erica doesn't.  This got me to thinking about common knowledge.  What is common knowledge?  What does that really mean?

It basically means anything that is generally known to everyone.  Stuff everybody knows - or is it? 

But I was also thinking about how common knowledge is affected by so many variables - it's affected by age, right?  Geographic location?  Religious affiliation?  Your zodiac sign?  Your job?  Of course all of those things...

So back to my story about Erica.  One day at work I was enjoying a kids meal and it came with a toy.  It was a little yellow bird.  I thought it was fairly recognizable as it was from a classic cartoon. 

When I asked Erica if she knew the name of the bird, I was surprised she didn't know.  I mean really?  To her credit she knew what Woodstock was but just not who. 

Recently I blogged about losing my Nancy Drew book.  I asked Erica if she knew who that was and she didn't.  Hmmm...most everyone else asked knew.  Erica thought it was someone who could cook.

She referred to Donkey Kong as Donkey King. 

She had no clue who Alfred Hitchcock was.

But to have a clearer understanding of Erica you have to know some more about things about her that make her quirky.

She thought flautas were only beef and taquitos were only chicken. 

She once asked if there were sharks in Hawaii.

She once "lost" her keys while at work.  Couldn't find them anywhere.  Finally found them in her car - which she had left running the whole day.

One day at work she was trying to send a fax.  We told her she had to dial 1 + the number.  She said ok.  She comes back and says the fax won't go through.  Courtney says, "What number are you dialing?"  Erica says, "1-1-800....."  No really she did.

Next time you see her ask her about the following:

Especial Tequila

Losing a flip flop at a liquor store

The "deaf" lady incident

There are so many more entertaining stories but they must wait for another  day. 

last day 028

No comments:

Post a Comment