Tuesday, June 15, 2010

San Antonio Trip - Day 5

Monday 05.31.10

I started off the day with a Texas shaped waffle at the hotel for breakfast.  Kind of sets the right tone for the day, don't you think?

1

I checked the drawers and saw that The Gideon's are still at work.  I think I'd feel like stealing if I took one.  They've been placing them in hotel and motels since 1908. 

2

We headed over to The Alamo for some more sightseeing.  I love visiting tourist attractions.  It's what I do.  We'd visited before but it doesn't hurt to check it out again.  Who knows?  I might learn something new.

4

3

5

6

7

I couldn't resist taking this "mailbox" picture at The Alamo.  I'm always on the lookout for my favorite things.

14

We also toured the 1836 Alamo Model.  Speaking of learning new things, I learned that Phil Collins is not only narrated the speaking portion of the diorama but The Alamo is his new passion.  He's a collector and a history buff.  I mean really, who knew?

8

We were hungry so as we passed by Pat O'Brien's we decided to eat there.  It was pretty good.  I had a hamburger, fries and of course a coke with no ice.

9

10

11

We saw this awesome Hummer taxi.

12

I also had noticed that our hotel was across from The Mexican Consulate.  I didn't get a chance to visit and I'm not sure if they even allow visitors.  Thought it might be interesting to see inside.

13

Before heading back home I snapped this picture of M in front of the San Antonio Post Office.  Doesn't he look cute? 

15

On the way home we stopped by Dairy Queen which is known for their fine Mexican cuisine, right?  I don't know...just seemed odd. 

16

And finally for all of you Roadside America fans we did spot the World's Largest Caterpillar in Italy, Texas.

17

HIGH 5 for a really great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment