Friday, June 8, 2012

Food and Fun in Fredericksburg

The thing about Fredericksburg is it's a great place for folks that like tons of little shops to explore and lots of cozy wine shops and we aren't necessarily those kind of folks.  But we are the kind of folks that like to explore new places and meet new people so we can be happy anywhere we go. 

As we were walking down Main St. in Fredericksburg I came across a H!GH 5 opportunity that I could not pass up. 

high 5

Interestingly enough the shops (in particular the eateries) close early.  One burger place that looked good was only open for lunch and considering we we were taking a late lunch we missed the chance to eat there.  That's okay because we stopped at the Fredericksburg Brewing Company and it was yummy.

IMG_5851

I chose the Brew Stew which (according to the menu) was mouth watering pork stew made with their Award Winning Enchanted Rock Red Ale and served over seasoned mashed potatoes.  It was delicious.

IMG_5854

I noticed also on the menu they offered Scotch eggs.

IMG_5852

Now I am not sure what the deal is with hard-boiled eggs as first I encountered Russian eggs in Kerrville and now Scotch eggs in Fredericksburg.  I did not try the Scotch eggs but if I go back I will.

We really like visiting museums and Fredericksburg has some great ones.  We purchased tickets to the National Museum of the Pacific War.  The tickets were good for two days and are for the National Museum of the Pacific War as well as the George H. W. Bush Gallery and I thought that was weird but okay...so off we went to begin exploring.

more stuff 007

more stuff 010 more stuff 008

The first part that we walked through was the National Museum of the Pacific War and since we only had a little bit of the afternoon left we just walked through it.  Lots of interesting things to look at but I thought this anchor chain link from the U.S.S. Nimitz CVN-68 was cool.  If you are curious it weighs 365 pounds.

IMG_5843

We had done a lot of walking so we decided to head to the hotel and relax and get ready for some more fun and the opportunity to finish touring the museum tomorrow.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment