Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I collect patches

So for those of you that don’t know the above title is totally true and I stand behind it 100%. I collect patches. And these aren’t eye patches or tire patches or patches earned from the Girl Scouts. They are patches from places I have visited.

When I first started collecting I had them sewn on a tote bag my sister gave me for being in her wedding.  Here's the front and back of the tote.  A little worse for wear and obviously room for some additional patches to be added but works very well for when we take our road trips.

stuff 001 stuff 002

Because we do travel quite a bit I've had the great opportunity to add a lot of patches to my collection.  Here are some more that I have:

I plan on having these patches sewn onto individual squares and then ultimately sewn together to form a memory quilt. Pretty cool, huh?!  Until then the rest in a basket on a shelf in my office/guest bedroom.

Now that you've taken a peek at something I collect I was wondering what you collect.

No comments:

Post a Comment