Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The rest of the Fredericksburg trip...

We finished touring the Bush Gallery of the Pacific War and we were hungry so we looked for somewhere to eat.  I try not to eat at too many places that we can eat at when we are at home so we bypassed Subway moseyed over to Mahaleys Cafe to get a bite to eat.

mahaleys

M had a beer while we there and I read the word pilsner on the side of the bottle.

IMG_6020

Pilsner is apparently a type of pale lager.  It takes its name from the then city of Pilsen (Plzeň), Bohemia, in today's Czech Republic, where a bottom-fermented beer was first produced in 1842.  The original Pilsner Urquell beer is produced there today.  So now you know.

I eyed these tasty looking cupcakes while we were eating.

IMG_6021

::sigh:: I must say that the cupcakes looked tastier in the display case then actually tasted. :/

The next day we were preparing to head home and I can't really remember where I spotted this ketchup packet but of course it raised some questions in my mind.

IMG_6026

Tomato ketchup.  What is tomato ketchup really and are there other kinds of ketchup?  And what is "fancy" ketchup?  And what is the difference between ketchup and catsup?  Sometimes I think I think too much.

I couldn't be this near to Luckenbach Texas and not stop by and take some pics. Here we are in front of the Post Office.

IMG_6029

This sign was on the corner of the Post Office.  For my AF friends - MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON THE WOLFPACK'S PREY!

IMG_6030

The dance hall door was open and the hall was lit so I was able to take some pics.

Some more pics...

Look at these super cool boots I found

IMG_6046

I deal with money for a living so these things interested me

IMG_6056 IMG_6047

M is a mailman so of course I had to get these pics

IMG_6059 IMG_6058

After our fun little tour of Luckenbach we stopped at right outside of the town because we couldn't pass up this sign.

IMG_6065

Now I'm not one to judge the spelling or anything...we were just stopping to see the fast armidillo.  ;)

Before we got to the armadillo we found a piece of granite with the AF emblem etched into it and a jaw bone from an animal.  Treasures!

IMG_6063

IMG_6064

Now here's the video of The World's Fastest Armadillo

A fun little town and I recommend that you stop by if you get a chance. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment