Sunday, July 29, 2012

Tri-Cities Fever

We made a trip up to Tri-Cities, Washington to spend some time with the kids and our adorable grandson.

IMG_6518

I of course play the game, "What's in the seat pocket in front of me?" and was again disappointed in my findings.  I also critiqued the safety brochure because seriously...who can actually get in this position?

IMG_6525

Not me that's for sure.  A little too much extra padding around the mid-section for me to be able to do that.

My oldest triplet was going to be dancing at the Tri-Cities Fever game and we landed just in time to get freshened up and head that way. 

IMG_6542

Joining us were my oldest son and his wife and of course adorable Bentley.

IMG_6529

When I went up to the window to buy the tickets I asked for some on the 50 yard line.  The guy didn't even blink and sold me some seats.  After we found our seats I realized something that should have been obvious before.  The field is not a full field. ;)  Oh well we were on the 25 yard line and ready to watch a great game. 

IMG_6534 IMG_6527

During the game when the kicked off the ball one of them was stuck in the banners that were hanging overhead.

IMG_6536

Now part of the fun for me at any sporting event is the atmosphere of the arena and of course the fans.  One of the songs they played was Tom Sawyer by Rush.  I am familiar with this song because it was the intro song for the wrestler Kerry Von Erich.  Yes, I used to be a big fan of wrestling.  It is what it is folks and maybe explains some things for y'all.

So the reason I bring up the song is that despite having heard it since the early 80's I do not know all the lyrics.  Weird, right?  Well here's what I thought:

A modern-day warrior

A mean mean stride

Today's Tom Sawyer

Mean mean pride

Though his mind is operan....

...yeah.  Operan.  Okay so I know that it is not a word but honestly didn't know what else it would have said and didn't bother to try and look it up or anything.  So when I heard the song at the arena it got me to thinking about that line.  Now you are thinking and wondering as well aren't you?!  It's okay to admit it.  I did.  So what it really says is:

Though his mind is not for rent...

...ahhhh.  Kind of makes more sense.  Mystery solved.

The reason that we even went to the game is so that we could see Anna dance at half-time.  Here's a pic of the dancers and yes I tried to correct the red-eye thing going on but was unable to so just imagine them with non-laser eyes.

IMG_6556

Here they are doing their line dance

Considering we really weren't Tri-Cities Fever fans before we arrived we were definitely fans as we were leaving.  A great start to our Washington weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment