Thursday, January 10, 2013

Bacon and Eggs

Now this is a different type of bacon and eggs than you're used to and I got this recipe years ago when I worked at a Kwik Kopy and a lady came in to make copies to send to her relatives.  I asked her about it and she let me make a copy and a few days later also brought me a sample.  They were yummy!

ms hobby lobby 005

To make your own very yummy bacon and eggs all you need is:

A bag of M&M's (sorting out the yellow ones but of course other colors are fine too)

A bag of stick pretzels

Almond bark

Here's how you make it:

Sort the M&M's and put aside all the yellow ones.  You can also use the other colors too but for the "true bacon and eggs" I use yellow.

Arrange the pretzel sticks (this is the "bacon") two by two on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

Melt the almond bark (this is the "egg whites") and then spoon out teaspoonfuls onto the pretzel stick pairings.  I usually do about 7-10 at a time. 

Add two yellow M&M's (these are the "egg yolks") onto the melted almond bark.

You can put it in the fridge to set faster or just let them set naturally.  It's a fun little treat that I hope you enjoy. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment