Sunday, January 27, 2013

Florentine Chicken

I love trying new recipes.  This one was originally called Lemon Florentine Chicken but I did some variations to it so I'm just calling it Florentine Chicken. :) 

Here's what you need:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts

1 can (18 oz) Progresso Recipe Starters creamy Parmesan basil cooking sauce

1 box (9 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed to drain

2 tsp grated lemon peel

Here's what I did:

The original recipe is from the Betty Crocker website and involved frying and other steps.  I opted to take a different route to make this dish.  I put the chicken in a baking dish, seasoned it, added some pats of butter and baked it for an hour at 250. 

I then added the cooking sauce and the spinach and let it set in the oven while I made some spaghetti.  I did not use the grated lemon peel as I didn't have any on hand.

This is how it turned out

office and chkn florentine 040

As you can see I served it on a bed of spaghetti noodles.  For me the thing about trying new recipes is that I hope that I'll find one that is a keeper.  For me this recipe was unfortunately, not one of them.  It was a little on the bland side and although it met my requirements for have just a few ingredients and being easy to make it just didn't wow me enough to want to add it to my recipe file.  If you try this recipe let me know how it turned out for you. :)

1 comment:

  1. We are learning, too, that the love of beauty is one of Nature's greatest healers.

    Informal Sports

    ReplyDelete