Tuesday, January 25, 2011

ICE! ICE! Baby...

Every year the Gaylord Texan has an exhibit that features a variety of magical holiday scenes and sculptures hand-carved by 40 visiting artisans from Harbin, China.  This 14,000-square-foot exhibit houses a winter wonderland created with two million pounds of ice that is kept at a wintry 9 degrees.  Brrrrr ~ y'all know I don't like the cold but for the past two years I've enjoyed attending ICE!

This years theme was Charlie Brown and the whole Peanuts gang from a Charlie Brown Christmas.  My younger son Nicholas was down on leave from the Air Force and we were doing some touristy things while he was in town.  Take a peek and see the fun we had! 

 

4

3

5

~M~ and me!

7

6

8

9

 

Aunt Gina with Nicholas

11

12

 

My awesome sister and me!

13.1

 

A mailman's job never ends...

10

14

15

 

One of my favorite pics of ~M~ and me. <3

16

 

This was outside of the exhibit.  I decorate our house with snowmen.  I thought he was a cute little guy.

17

19

20

Two thumbs up from me for this toy soldier.

18

 

A group pic taken by a kind stranger.

21

 

We had such a fun time and if you are ever in Dallas (or Harbin, China) when they have the ICE! exhibit take the time and stop by.  :)

22

No comments:

Post a Comment