Thursday, January 13, 2011

Thankful Thursday - MS Society

My featured charity tonight is the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.  This was recommended by my friend Carla.  I didn't actually know much about it so I checked out the website (and you can do as well by clicking here).  From the website I learned that Multiple sclerosis (or MS) is a chronic, often disabling disease that attacks the central nervous system (CNS), which is made up of the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerves. Symptoms may be mild, such as numbness in the limbs, or severe, such as paralysis or loss of vision. The progress, severity, and specific symptoms of MS are unpredictable and vary from one person to another. Today, new treatments and advances in research are giving new hope to people affected by the disease.

That's a lot of info but what does it mean and what does the MS Society do?  What it does is helps each person address the challenges of living with MS through their 50 state network of chapters. They offer a variety of programs and services to help you meet those needs.

I asked Carla why this was important to her?  Why this charity?  She said it's because she diagnosed with MS in1994.  She would like a cure to be found so she doesn't have to do daily injections or use a cane anymore.  Think about it.  I go through my life and I do what I do and I don't have to deal with something like that.  I am so thankful for my health and so I gladly donated this weeks $5 to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.  I urge you to consider donating...even donating a dollar to this organization. 

And if you are thinking that perhaps my small donation may not help very much but it certainly helps more than sending no donation at all.  I am sending in $5.  Most of these charities will accept as little as $1 - won't you consider donating a dollar today? 

3 comments:

  1. Its really a great post I have ever seen. Its an amazing experience. I would like to visit it again and again. because I need some more information. Now a days people are in to the habit of making posts. I think it would be a good inspiration for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is outstanding. I am finding this type of information from long time and finally I got from your blog. Every topic define beautifully. You should continue make this type of blog.

    ReplyDelete