Monday, January 17, 2011

Time To Head Home

Well our little quick trip to Washington in December was coming to an end.  We had such a good time and look forward to when we can return. 

We arrived at the Tri-Cities Airport and guess what spot we parked in?

1a

Our flight left at 9:00am and after waiting to check in we headed to the security gate.  It was not open yet - apparently we arrived before the employees.

1b

Once they arrived we passed through security and headed to our gate.  Guess what?  Our plane wasn't even here yet.

1c

1h

Finally time to board.  I always get a kick out of the fact that you have to walk outside the terminal to board the plane.

1i

As usual I played my, "What's In The Seat Pocket In Front Of Me" game and was disappointed to come up empty. :(

2

2a

For my snack I chose apple juice and a biscotti cookie.  As you can see I was going to use my time on the plane to address my Christmas cards to some soldiers.

3

Here's the view from my seat.

4

9

Looks like a man or something, doesn't it?

10

Here's the head of some weird animal....

11

We arrived in Seattle and saw the Q400 which (according to the Horizon Air magazine) is among the quietest and most environmentally friendly commercial aircraft in the skies today.  It burns less fuel and produces fewer emissions than similar-capacity jet aircraft.  We also saw another collegiate airplane.

12

13

It looks like I am going to be timed or something on these emergency procedures.

16

And this lady really is propelling herself out of the plane.

17

It's like this girl is a zombie or something....take me to your leader....

18

Snack mix and a coke with no ice for me on the second leg of our flight home.

19

Fun fact that I learned on this trip:

20

Boston has the oldest subway system in N. America, with the first underground streetcar traffic dating back to 1897.  The system was developed to help clear the streets, which had become clogged with streetcars.  New York City's first subway line debuted in 1904.  I mean seriously, who knew?

 

4 comments:

  1. Hello Lovely AFWingMom,
    I've been off the radar for a while due to studies and work, but I'm back in full swing.

    Love the trip photos. Last week I flew to a friend's wedding and I also ransacked the bag in front of me.
    Take care and speak soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by shoe shop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. JUZ!!!! Your back? That's so flippin' sweet! I shall definitely make a point to stop by often. LOVE your blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete