Monday, July 20, 2009

Summer Fun

 

We started our day in a fantastic way by having waffles in the shape of the state of Texas!  How cool was that?

waffle

First thing on our agenda was to tour the Capitol.  Marvin, Sarah and Kat had never been so it was a lot of fun. 

austin day 3 105

austin day 3 012

We waited for our tour to start and there is one thing that I’d like to say about tour guides.  It’s a unique job.  And I would think that it takes a unique individual to fill that role.  I like a funny guide.  One that adds humor to their informational dialogue.  Our tour guide was well…..different.  It was almost as if there was a recorder playing inside her head and at various moments the pause button was pressed and she would pause in her speech.  it was kind of weird.  But we made the most of it and had a good time anyway.

austin day 3 064

austin day 3 066

austin day 3 077

austin day 3 079

We also ate lunch at the Capitol.  I’m sure there were many famous and important people there but I didn’t have a chance to meet any of them because all eyes were on this handsome man…..

austin day 3 098

After our tour and lunch we headed over to visit the UT Co-op.  Since we were in Austin we needed to buy some Longhorn gear and take our pics outside with Bevo!

austin day 3 121 austin day 3 117 austin day 3 122

After the Capitol tour and stopping by the Co-op we headed home.  But we did need a potty break so we stopped by a convenience store.  Now those of you that know me I have this “thing” about random “things”.  For example I like taking pics of water towers, bathrooms, phonebooths, city signs etc.  I know, I know…..it’s not mainstream photography but hey, it makes me smile. 

Which brings me to my wonderful pic of girlie and Marvin.  Please enjoy.

austin day 3 132

2 comments: