Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Past Adventures – OKC 4/2006, part 3

More from our OKC Spring Break trip……

Saturday morning we got up and ate our free breakfast complete with waffles.  I love it when they have waffles as a part of the breakfast.  I just think the day is off to a great start when you have waffles warming your heart. 

We exited to Highway 77 to visit the Timberlake Rose Rock Museum located in Noble OK.  It’s a small museum but cool nonetheless.  You can even buy rose rocks and learn more about the story behind them. 

We also stopped in Lexington to see the VW Bug Spider.  Another stop that we recommend that you don’t miss is the Great Fire and Explosion Museum in Ardmore.  Seriously you need to go because it was cool and it was FREE!!  One of the artifacts that they had was a flask with an etching of a naked woman sitting on it.  My daughter ~S~ saw it and said ewwww!  A nudity bottle!  Haha!  I’m not sure about that but we sure laughed about it.

We ate at Braum’s.  It seems like they have a million of them in Oklahoma.  Okay, maybe not a million but they sure do have a lot of them.  While we were eating this girl walks by with a banana split.  It looked good so I said, “Mmmmm, that looks good!” and she heard me and looked at me like I had said I want to lick your toes or something.  Of course I did not want to lick her toes but what I did want was my own ice cream.  We all got ice cream and then headed the rest of the way home.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment