Saturday, July 17, 2010

Celebrating Birthdays

So how do you celebrate birthdays in your family?

     Small dinners?

     Elaborate parties?

     Taking a trip somewhere?

     A barbeque in the backyard?

     Favorite dinner at home?

     Some other family tradition?

We usually have a family meal together on a Sunday afternoon.  We bring birthday cards and eat cake and it's a really fun time.  Sometimes we play a board game or something like that but mostly we just visit.

This year we celebrated my birthday and my sister-in-law Allison's birthday together at my Mom and Dad's house.  Here are some pics and as you can see my adorable niece Hailey always steals the show.

bday 010 bday 014 bday 034

We had enchiladas, rice and beans for dinner.  Yummy!!

bday 027 bday 063

I love this face that Hailey is making!

bday 064

We had pink cake with pink frosting for dessert.  I've had this same cake since I was 5 years old.  :)  I still love it!

bday 069

Hailey was tired from all the fun we had.

bday 093

M surprised me with an unexpected and sweet gift.

blah 031 blah 032

It was a unique gift - he knows the things I like and the things that make me smile.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment