Friday, July 9, 2010

Jury Duty

I arrived at the Central Jury Room after waiting in a humongous line.  It wasn't bad except for the people that were getting annoyed at the people who were cutting in line.  I mean chill out people! - I said excuse me! Haha!!  Just kidding but people were getting annoyed. 

IMG_1428

We all sat in the room and watched the video and since we apparently were all exhausted from doing that we were promptly given a break.

This lady left the building via the emergency exit which did indeed sound a loud alarm when she opened the door.  Just like the warning sign said it would.  A few minutes later an announcement was made letting us know what happened - like we couldn't guess?  Anyway the announcer also said security would be up shortly to turn the alarm off.  Well that was reassuring. 

There's always one person in every crowd that knows a little bit about everything and a whole lot about nothing.  We had one.  Those that were nearby learned about the history and process  of the jury system, some miscellaneous fun facts and a weather report.  I figured any minute we'd hear some stock tips and breakaway to the same guy doing a Sham-Wow commercial or something.

People watching amuses and entertains me.  I didn't have to rummage around in my tote bag too much to keep myself busy and of course I had my handy dandy iPhone that kept me connected to facebook and Words With Friends. 

They finally started calling numbers and people started slowly filing out.  I had a high number so I wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Speaking of my number, here comes a Not So Obvious 5 alert:  My jury number was 1267.  1 + 2 + 6 + 7 = 16 and 1 from 6 is??  5!!  WhooHoo!!  My favorite number worked it's magic and after they called #1126 they made an announcement about 20 minutes after that was excusing us from jury duty.  Sweet action!!

So all in all not a bad day and I did get paid for being there.

IMG_1466

I'm thinking.....VEGAS BABY!!!  Y'all don't try to stop me.

But wait!!  What is that I spy?  ANOTHER Not So Obvious 5 alert!!  Notice the date on the check?  7 - 1 - 1 = 5!  Wut?!! Wut?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment