Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Love for the Number 5

I love the number 5.  There...I've said it.  I can't explain it, I just do.

There are lots of obvious 5's in my life. 

I have 5 kids.

IMG_0043

I was born in the 5th month, I'm 5' tall.  I wear a size 5 shoe.  I love high 5's and I have a theory about them but that's a story for another day. 

Then there are the not so obvious 5's in my life.  These are the 5's that I find using simple math techniques that I like to call addition and subtraction.  For example, I was born on the 27th and 2 from 7 is 5. 

I am sure I annoy my family by "finding" fives.  Well actually I know I do but I can't help myself.  It's like a subconscious habit to find and celebrate 5's.  I also like to think I'm helping them keep their basic math skills sharp by having them add  and subtract to come up with my "not so obvious" 5's.  Isn't that sweet of me?

So here are just a couple pictures of a few 5's that I've recently come across. 

 

This first picture is at Six Flags Over Texas at the old timey car ride.  We stood in spot #5. 

just pics 054

This next picture is in Rapid City, South Dakota.  We were exploring the city by taking the tour that I labeled The Prez Parade in a recent post on my blog. 

sd jan 2010 267

The timing on this shot was awesome - I was able to capture the cross walk sign as it flashed "5" while facing 5th street!  Double 5's!

And last but not least while in Hebron Nebraska we stopped so I could get a picture of myself on The World's Longest Porch Swing.  It just so happened to be located on 5th street.  I submitted my photo to my absolute FAVORITE website RoadsideAmerica.com and guess what?!  They used my photo!!  So click on this link to see ME!!  ME on The World's Largest Porch Swing!!  How cool is that?  Now here's the pic.

sd jan 2010 059

So yes I do love the number 5 and I'm sure I always will.  Here's one last thought.  I found the picture of myself on The World's Largest Porch Swing on my absolute favorite website RoadsideAmerica.com on 2/27/2010.  Here's a not so obvious 5 in action as it would sound if my kids were sitting here with me:

Me:  Hey kids!

Kids:  What Mom?

Me:  What's 2+2?

Kids: 4

Me:  Plus 7?

Kids:  11

Me:  Plus 2?

Kids: 13

Me:  Plus 1?

Kids:  14

Me:  And what's 1+4?

Kids:  :::sigh:::

Me:  And what's 1+4???

Kids:  5 Mom

See the beauty in that?  Amazing, huh?!?!

And in case you didn't see it - my picture is on RoadsideAmerica.com right HERE :) !!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!! You're famous!!

    Interesting about your number 5.

    Have a fun week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mom: whats 521+3459977+2845-25564657-21325...
    kids: lets just stop your addition and subtraction your answer will be five no surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stormy - thanks for stopping by....I have to admit I was THRILLED to see they used my picture! Made me feel just a teeny weeny bit famous!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm....Katherine - really? You know you LOVE the not so obvious 5's! Makes you stop and think now doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete