Friday, February 19, 2010

The Military Alphabet

I have memorized the military alphabet for no reason.  It kind of began when my son joined the Air Force.  I started reading about the things he was going to be learning and doing and memorizing the alphabet was one of them. 

A:  Alpha

B:  Bravo

C:  Charlie

D:  Delta

E:  Echo

F:  Foxtrot

G:  Golf

H:  Hotel

I:  India

J:  Juliet

So you know how when you are spelling out something and then you say "C" as in "Cat" or "S" as in "Sam"?  Well now I can spell something out using the widely used military alphabet aka NATO phonetic alphabet. 

K:  Kilo

L:  Lima

M:  Mike

N:  November

O:  Oscar

P:  Papa

R:  Romeo

S:  Sierra

T:  Tango

I often test myself while I am in the car by "reading" the license plates on the cars around me.  I want to ensure I am prepared at all times in case an emergency arises and their is a sudden need for someone who knows the military alphabet.

U:  Uniform

V:  Victor

W:  Whiskey

X:  Xray

Y:  Yankee

Z:  Zulu

It may not be a skill or talent that can be used at parties or one that I will put on my resume...or maybe I will...but it is something I do know that not everyone else knows.  Maybe it's a WingMom thing?   

AF_Parent_Pin
Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment