Thursday, February 18, 2010

Water Tower Dream

I used to have a recurring dream that has never been clearly defined in any dream interpretation books that I've seen.  If you have any thoughts on the meaning after reading please feel free to share. 

Here's my dream:  I am at my old elementary school, Grafton Village Elementary School.  As I remember it there was a field and at the far end of it was a blue water tower.  We used to have to run to it and run back to the school during recess. 

In my dream I am running to the water tower and I touch it.  I turn and begin running back when I realize that the water tower is falling towards me.  I begin running as fast as I can but I know I'm not going to make it and the tower is going to fall on me.  I'm getting a stitch in my side from running so hard but it doesn't matter.  I know I still won't outrun the falling tower. 

::: And then I wake up :::

That's it.  I don't know the correct interpretation of this dream but I'm sure it's out there.  I don't even remember the last time I had the dream. 

I do know that I have a slight fixation with water towers now.  Here's one of my obvious favorites.

af 072

Now I'm not the only one with a water tower fixation.  There's a whole bunch of sites devoted to it but here's a great one to start with, WaterTowers.com.

 

Anyone have any thoughts on my dream or have any favorite water tower pictures you'd like to share?

6 comments:

  1. It sounds to me like you're running away from water. This can only mean you've had enough of it and that you should perhaps turn to booze.
    Just my 2 cents on the matter.

    Hope you're doing well otherwise.
    :) Juz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may be right Juz! :) I shall try your advice this weekend and let you know the results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe you are not drinking enough water. TFSC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have the dream when you are exteamly stressed out. I would say that water is over powering and sufficating. It sounds like no matter how hard you try you feel there does not appear to an end.

    Michelle Zarate Dickson (ps. my bill is in the mail)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Water is the source of all life, this is also a representation of sex. Perhaps in your early school years you had some misinterpretations of sex. Perhaps the fact that the water was contained, and then later falling on you. You had some doubts that you would be able to avoid having sex. The large container could mean that because you had not seen or understood sex it was a big unknown to you. The fact that you are fascinated by water towers now just shows that you have a healthy way of dealing with your fears. I'm sure you probably have a healthy sex life as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know about running away from the water tower. I had a dream of my father walking towards a school yard near his house with a water tower and a blinding wind was blowing. After he walked a few steps, I could no longer see him. I then saw the water tower fall in the direction he went. He died 8 months after I dreamed this. I recently dreamed about a water tower falling in front of my house. It had hot water in it. I saw steam coming from the top. My husband was near it. This water tower does not actually physically exist in real life like the one in the dream of my father. A lady (who I am told is a prophet) said it had something to do with healing. There were other parts to the dream.

    ReplyDelete