Friday, February 19, 2010

Joining Weight Watcher's (WW)

My sister and her husband have joined Weight Watcher's again.  She mentioned this via a text and asked if I wanted to join as well.  Now I may have mentioned that I've joined with her before and quit several times so I was not sure if I was entirely ready to make a commitment.

I thought to myself, really?  I was pretty sure I wouldn't stick with it because it requires effort.  And then she said the magic words...

     :::YOU CAN DO IT WITH YOUR iPHONE:::

The clouds rolled back, the sun started shining and in the distance I could hear a choir of angels begin singing. 

I could use my iPhone?  My most favorite piece of electronic equipment besides my camera that I own?  I said.....SOLD!!

c25k 012

So on 1/30/10 I joined.  I went to the meeting and i weighed in.  I weighed about what I expected. 

One of the things that I liked about WW's was the lady who weighed you in each week.  The first 12 times I joined - and that may or may not be an exaggeration - I would weigh in with the next available rep.  Somewhere along the way I began weighing in with Jodi.

Now why would I want to weigh in with the same person?  Familiarity, comfort - maybe I just wanted to have a "friend" at WW's.  Who knows?  I just like to.  I also have a secret theory that I weigh less when I weigh with her. 

So I'm back on track and I've logged in using my iPhone and so far things are going good.  :)  I'll keep you up-to-date on my progress.

 

Technorati Tags: ,

2 comments:

  1. Well, I didn't go last week and am pretty sure I am a gainer. Plus today was happy hour. I will only know tomorrow. If only I had an iPhone to track my points. I have not written anything down for about two weeks. Serves me right if I gain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always thought WW was cool because if you "spurge" you can exercise the points away...or...exercise extra to "bank" points for a planned trip...
    It seems like a genius' way of blending two crappy things (diet and accounting) and turning it into a game!

    ReplyDelete