Monday, November 2, 2009

The Mount Rushmore Visit Oct. '09

Saturday was going to be the day that we were going to get to see the great Mount Rushmore.  I was pretty excited!

You need to start the day off with a great breakfast.  They say it's the most important meal of the day.  I'm not sure who "they" are but I am sure they would approve of my meal.

south dakota 065

French toast, pan fried ham and orange juice.  Mmmm - yummy.

So off we go on our next adventure.

south dakota 068

We did pass this water park on the way.  Seriously?  When do they ever use it? 

south dakota 074

The scenery was very pretty.  We really enjoyed seeing everything!  Very different from Texas.

south dakota 080

south dakota 088

south dakota 095

south dakota 115

Finally we were nearly to Mt. Rushmore.

south dakota 114

Our first glimpse!

south dakota 117

It looked pretty awesome even from a distance.

south dakota 118

south dakota 121

So we were finally here!  I was super excited despite the below freezing temperatures.  I want to go back when the weather is nicer to take some time exploring it more.  Here are some pictures that we took that day.

south dakota 122

south dakota 126

south dakota 127

south dakota 129

south dakota 132

south dakota 136

south dakota 140

 

Here's ~M~ picking a winner. 

south dakota 176

south dakota 177

We also toured the museum while we were there.  It was very interesting and we learned some things we didn't know before. 

south dakota 142

south dakota 144

I think the mold of this hand is throwing some sort of gang sign but I'm not sure.

 

south dakota 185

Really glad to have this bit of information.  I'm pretty sure I didn't want to find out what "other wildlife" meant.

south dakota 186

This is one of my favorite pictures of the boys.  It's just two brothers walking and talking but I like it.

Here's a couple more pictures as we were leaving.  It sure is beautiful in South Dakota.

south dakota 187

south dakota 188

After we left we stopped in Keystone.  I had a phone call to make.

south dakota 198

We also took some time to ride a bison.  Or a buffalo.  I forget which one it is but I do know I won the challenge.  Of course I am the self-declared winner but I am the winner nonetheless.

south dakota 206

south dakota 208

south dakota 212

south dakota 219

Maybe the guys would earn style points but I had the best smile.  It was a happy day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment