Monday, November 16, 2009

Our Trip Home 10.13.09

The time we spent in South Dakota came to an end all to quickly.  We had such a good time and we were able to see so many cool things - Mt. Rushmore, South Dakota Air and Space Museum, Reptile Gardens, Bear Country USA, Wall Drug just to name a few. 

Here are my boys - Nick and Hans.  Aren't they handsome fellows?

south dakota1 300

And one last shot of the three of us together. 

south dakota1 306

Our flight left really early in the morning and we said our goodbyes to Nick the night before. 

As it happened, Hans was on the first leg of our flight home so I got to spend a little more time with him and that was nice.  We arrived in Denver and then it was time for me to say goodbye to him. 

south dakota1 340

The airline we were flying on was Frontier Airlines and they had some really cool tail wings.  I took a few pics to show y'all.

south dakota1 341 south dakota1 346 south dakota1 347 south dakota1 349

One of the things that I do during a flight is peruse the reading materials located conveniently in the seat pocket in front of me.  I noticed this page. 

south dakota1 353

Notice at the top it says  "Complimentary Beverages".  Complimentary.  Hmmm...I wonder what kind of compliments the beverages will pay me?  And after seeing this...

south dakota1 354

I began to wonder if I would have to pay for the compliments. 

This is the tail wing from our plane.

south dakota1 355

And the view from our plane.  What a nice peaceful view.

south dakota1 356

We enjoyed a beverage during our flight and unfortunately didn't hear any compliments. 

south dakota1 365

We decided to add some chips and salsa to liven things up. 

south dakota1 366

Doesn't that look like a delicious snack?  ~M~ thought so.

south dakota1 369

It was a really good trip and it was a really fun time.  We hope to make it back up to Ellsworth AFB in South Dakota soon.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you guys had an absolute ball.
    Be careful of those complimentary drinks. Once you hear them talk, you might have one too many.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Juz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't flown in a long time. Cool that Sierra Mist is on the list!! That's my drink.

    ReplyDelete