Sunday, November 1, 2009

A Glimpse Into Nick's Life...

After the initial "surprise" that didn't go exactly as planned we were allowed on base and we were able to see Nick's room for the first time. 

Here is a picture of his dorm building

south dakota 045

Yes that is snow on the roof and on the ground.  It was very cold for our first visit to Ellsworth AFB.  The Weather Channel was predicting snow nearly every day we were there.  Awesome.  Nick asked if I had a coat to bring and I reminded him that I live in Texas and the trench coat I was wearing was my coat.

south dakota 047

The picture above is the lovely day room on Nick's floor.  Very charming isn't it?

 

Once inside Nick's room I wanted to see inside his fridge to see what was inside.  What do you think I'll find?

south dakota 054

Orange juice, apple juice and coke.  Well it's a balanced diet, right?

One of the things that Nick really enjoys is snowboarding.  He recently purchased a snowboard and I know he's anxious to try it out!

south dakota 056

As we were driving around I noticed the thermostat that let us all know how cold it was outside. 

south dakota 059

And according to the Weather Channel it was 21 degrees but felt like 9 degrees.  Brrrrrrr!!

As we were heading back to the base after exploring around the town for a bit we saw one of the locals on base. 

south dakota 060

Yes that is a deer.  I thought it was a mammoth elk but everyone else said it was a deer.  Either way I didn't want it to get too close to our van. 

I was already having a fun time with the boys and ~M~.  More fun times were headed our way!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment