Saturday, November 7, 2009

Wrapping Up at Reptile Gardens 10.10.09

Our last and final stop for the day was Reptile Gardens.

south dakota 329

We were excited about all the cool stuff that we hoped to see.  All my FarmTown and Farmville friends - there are two pics at the end just for you!  Now, our first stop was to see the giant tortoises. 

south dakota 330

Okay maybe this wasn't a GIANT tortoise but he was a giant tortoise in the making. 

south dakota 332

Unfortunately there was a lot of turtle poo in the pen and made it somewhat disgusting.  In fact, as we walked in I stepped in some liquid and Hans let me know that it was not water or melted snow.  YUCK!  I managed to get it off my shoe but it every time I thought about it I wanted to throw up.

Outside on the ground there were several photo ops.  Here are some of our pictures....

south dakota 345

Here's Hans squeezing in some fun at Reptile Gardens.

south dakota 347

~M~ saving me from the python!

south dakota 352

Nick trying to desperately to fight off the python.

south dakota 354

south dakota 355

We went to check out the prairie dog exhibit.  We couldn't find any prairie dogs except for these two....

south dakota 349

We visited the main attraction which is obviously the reptile house.  Pretty cool and interesting reptiles awaited us inside.

south dakota 386

south dakota 394

This guy looks innocent enough until you look to the left and see this...

south dakota 395

...a pair of shoes.  Now what exactly happened to the owner of the shoes?  We may never know.

south dakota 402

south dakota 406

south dakota 409

south dakota 416

south dakota 427

south dakota 434

south dakota 437

south dakota 442

Now as we were going through and looking at all the reptiles ~M~ decides he's become some sort of snake charmer or something.  Here's the evidence.

south dakota 388

A trip with me wouldn't be complete without a bathroom shot.

south dakota 359

Ooopsie!  You caught me!!

Apparently Nick and I were up to no good.  We were caught and locked up in the stockades.

south dakota 362

south dakota 363

We did manage to escape and are now considered wanted.

south dakota 364

south dakota 366

south dakota 368

south dakota 372

We also saw a bald eagle while we were there.  If you look closely you'll see feathers in her mouth.  I wonder what she ate?

south dakota 340

south dakota 344

Here's for all my FarmTown and Farmville friends....

Hi there! I am currently away from my farm and a tornado made a big mess, there are leaves everywhere.  Could you rake my farm?

Thanks, Lisa

Yes, sure. I'd be happy to help.

south dakota 375

And seriously, whose farm is this?  They are letting their crops wither! 

south dakota 356

We had a really great time exploring everything.  One of the last things that we did was watch one of their "shows".  Can you guess what this one was going to be about?  That's right, SNAKES!  Lucky guess...

After that we were off to get some dinner and then back to the base. 

No comments:

Post a Comment