Thursday, August 26, 2010

Off we go....

...into the wild blue yonder.  Since our flight left at 6:00am we weren't exactly climbing high into the sun but we were excited to be on our way.

sd trip 002 

We were flying my folks up as well to surprise Nick. 

sd trip 001

It was a 2 hour flight to Minneapolis and I'd never been to that airport so I was actually kind of excited. 

Our inflight snack consisted of a choice of biscoff cookie, peanuts or pretzels.  I chose the cookie and of course a coke with no ice.  M chose the cookie and a ginger ale.  Gina and Jarrett (my sis and brother-in-law) have a theory that if you order a ginger ale since not many people order it they'l give you the whole can.  M was not so lucky. 

IMG_1579

While on the plane the beverages told me I was hot, my hair looked great and my eyes were pretty.  I'd say they were very complimentary.

IMG_1585

I took a pic of the barf bag.  Cracks me up that it was apparently necessary to underline and put in italics the sentence, "Do not place in seat back pocket after use".  That's awesome.

IMG_1599

It's also cool to peruse the magazines in the seat back pocket in front of me.  I'm contemplating buying this statue. 

IMG_1609

IMG_1610

It's even hand-painted for startling realism.  I'm feeling startled just looking at it.

And finally I was thrilled to capture a pic of the Post Office while on the moving sidewalk. 

sd trip 003

We arrived at the Rapid City Regional Airport and as usual I H!GH 5'd the pilot.  I was so excited to surprise Nick! 

We gathered our luggage and waited just a few moments for my Mom and Dad to show up.  They came from around a sign and asked if we'd seen their luggage.  Nick was surprised and happy to see them.  :)

Now we were ready to start our fun filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment